Security approved – Don’t give thieves a window of opportunity
We realise that security is one of our customers’ biggest concerns. That’s why we take it very seriously and why all of our window, door and conservatory products feature many impressively designed security features to keep your loved ones as safe as possible.
Cost2Build windows are manufactured to BS7950 standard, the specification for domestic windows, and consist of the following security features:
- All four corners welded at the same time for maximum strength.
- Locking night vent position (not available on tilt and turn windows).
- Single handle operation with lockable push button.
- High security shoot bolts (not available on vertical slide windows).
- 4 x high security mushroom head bolts (not available on vertical slide windows).
- Shadow grooved uPVC 5-chamber profile.
- Handle bolted through frame into body of cast alloy gearbox.
- ‘Keeps’ wrap around the corner of the sash in a single piece.
- High security multi-point locking mechanism (not available on vertical slide windows).
- Metal interlocking end cap and frame spigot for improved security.
Doors feature the following security measures:
- The latest multi-point locking systems.
- Toughened glass to BS6262 fitted as standard.
- Metal reinforcement throughout.
- Secure hinges where the hinge pin can only be removed when the door is open.
- Standard locks are Association of British Insurers (ABI) approved for lower household insurance premiums.
- Option for security chains, 180-degree viewers, hinge bolts and laminated glass.
In addition to the security features used on our windows and doors mentioned above, our conservatories also feature the following:
- Window locking system unique to Cost2Build and proven to be 33% more secure than British Safety Standard BS7950.
- Frame design that prevents the removal of double glazed units from the outside.
- Multi-point locking systems in all doors and two clawbolts that engage in opposite directions.
- High grade toughened glass to British Standard BS6262 is fitted where appropriate.